Okay, let’s start off on the right foot. I’m not here to argue politics or to attack anyone. Nor am I open to getting attacked, as I have experienced so often on the Internet when it comes to current-day politics. I just want to vent about common sense and objective facts.
Every time an argument breaks out in Facebook comments, Youtube comments, etc, I see the same nonsensical replies and it never ceases to baffle me beyond belief.
I have very few friends who supported Trump, but the ONE person that I speak to in real life that I know voted for Trump has a valid argument for doing so. I don’t agree with their argument, but I can understand from their point of view how and why they feel the way that they do. We agree to disagree because we are both intelligent and rational people. I almost NEVER see that level of respect, maturity, and most of all; sensical viewpoints, on the Internet.
Internet Argument #1: “STUPID LIBTARD!”
Dictionary definition of Liberal:
- Willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one’s own; open to new ideas.
– So… that means I’m open to hearing your point of view, even if I don’t agree with it or see things the way that you do. I respect your right and ability to have a view different from my own.
- Relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
– Yes, my social philosophy is that other people matter and we should care about more than just ourselves. And we should protect the rights of everyone. (Not seeing the negative here?)
- a supporter of policies that are socially progressive and promote social welfare.
– I do believe that as time passes, so do the relevance of certain laws put in place for certain reasons, and yes it is important to examine said laws and to update them as the relevancy is needed.
So, I fail to comprehend how the word “liberal” is an insult. That is literally equivalent to saying “You care about other people, and you want to be open to and understanding of different believes and points of view (including my own!) What a loser you are!” Does that sound as nonsensical and ridiculous to any of you as it does to me? I can’t comprehend how ‘Liberal’ by its literal definition could be knowingly used as an attempted negative connotation.
Internet Argument #2: “ALL OF THE STUFF SAID ABOUT TRUMP IS LIES!”
Trump has cheated on all three of his wives.
He has paid for sex.
He refuses to release his taxes despite every other President having done so willingly.
He has 30+ accusations of rape and sexual assault, some claimed by minors, or people who were minors are the time of alleged rapes and assaults.
He directly said, “I could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and people would still vote for me.”
He also directly said, “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful… I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything!”
He DOES have legitimate and provable ties to Jeffry Epstein.
He made fun of a disabled report LIVE.
He founded a fraudulent university.
He told people protesting for BLM “When the looting starts, the shooting starts” while telling people protesting on his behalf that they are special and to “stand by.”
– These are just a FEW objective facts to scratch the surface that, in my opinion, paint Trump in a concerning and negative light. Now, I’ve heard arguments such as, “I don’t care at all about his personal life, I only care about things directly related to his Presidency.” I personally disagree wholeheartedly, but I respect your right to view things that way. You cannot, however, deny that these are factual events. That is as nonsensical as arguing that the sky is blue because you’d rather think it is pink. You can view objective facts through your own lens, but you cannot claim that said facts do not exist. Life just doesn’t work that way.
Internet Argument #3: BIDEN IS THE WORST PRESIDENT WE’VE EVER HAD. HE’S NOT MY PRESIDENT, I WILL NEVER ACCEPT HIM, THE ELECTION WAS FRAUDULENT!
– There has been a thorough investigation into the election results, and nothing was found to be fraudulent. You need to accept this as I had to accept this in 2016.
– These fits are being thrown by the same people who have spent the past four years screaming, “WE WON, GET OVER IT, IT’S TRUMP’S WORLD NOW, HE’S YOUR PRESIDENT AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT YOU CAN LEAVE!” Sooooo…. you throw a fit because we did not agree with how Trump handled the country over the last four years, but instead of just … leaving … like you told us to do for the last four years, you want to throw a fit because we, as a majority, decided that Trump was NOT the best choice to lead our country going forward? Hmm…. maybe you should just “leave” or at the very least, stop throwing a tantrum about it. Hypocrisy is not cute on anyone.
There’s obviously countless arguments that can go back and forth and get nowhere between the current political divide, but for god’s sake, if you’re going to provoke a political argument and you happen to be a Trump supporter, please be more intelligent about it than the usual things I have seen lately. Debate sensibly. Avoid fourth-grade insults. Do not deny blatant facts, and lastly, do not throw a fit about Biden being the President if you told others who did not support Trump’s presidency to just “leave.”
On a personal note, also please have some basic grammar and spelling skills. So many people who display this behavior over the Internet appear to be highly undereducated and it absolutely gives off the impression that Trump supporters have their stance due to their lack of education, lack of ability to apply critical thinking, and a lack of understanding about how to fact-check. Now, I’m not saying that IS the case, but that’s what it often appears to be when people display the behaviors and shortfalling arguments listed above.
Again, this is STRICTLY related to people who mouth off on Facebook or Youtube comments. Maybe people would at least consider or respect you if you presented your views and arguments in a more intelligent and educated light.
Unfollow me if you must, but I’m not going to apologize for venting about my annoyances.